We are excited to share this great opportunity with you. In partnership with the City of Edmonton and The Meadows Recreation Centre, The Meadows Community League was granted a temporary pop-up community garden initiative for the summer. It is located in front of the North East entrance of the Meadows Recreation Centre, behind the basketball court in a fenced off area.
We have 13 planter boxes available to eligible households free of charge, and we anticipate use from June 22 – September 30 (weather dependent). We will be able to provide water access and soil in the assigned planter box (L 54” x W 26” x H 21”). You are welcome to access the garden at anytime, and volunteers will be available at certain times throughout the week. A volunteer schedule will be shared with those assigned a planter box.
General information and eligibility guidelines to join:
(1) Households are defined as members living in the same household. Preference will be given to households in the following order:
- those living within the Meadows Community League neighbourhood boundaries (Larkspur, Wildrose, Silverberry, Laurel) with a valid TMCL Membership.
- those living in the Maple or Tamarack neighbourhoods with a valid Community League Membership
- those living within the Meadows Communities without a Community League Membership (Larkspur, Wildrose, Silverberry, Laurel, Maple, Tamarack, or further)
(2) We encourage all households to bring their own garden tools such as garden spades and garden gloves in order to comply with COVID regulations. Supplies may be available upon request during posted volunteer hours.
If you would like to purchase a Meadows Community League Membership, it is available to those living in Larkspur, Wild Rose, Silver Berry and Laurel neighbourhoods.
- You can email the Cole – Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be sold directly to you for $25/family.
- You can also purchase them online at https://efcl.org/membership or at any Edmonton Servus Credit Union Branch, which may include additional administrative fee.
(3) All participants are encouraged to follow social distancing guidelines while in and around the garden. Stay home if you are ill and establish a routine of hand washing and not touching your face.
(4) We request all participants take their gardening waste away with them – there will be no onsite composting.
(5) Bathrooms will not be available so please plan accordingly, especially with young children.
Please review Edmonton’s Community Garden requirements and guidelines here: https://www.edmonton.ca/residential_neighbourhoods/gardens_lawns_trees/community-gardens.aspx
To apply for a planter box please submit this google form: https://bit.ly/3fsQujV
If you have any questions, please email Harman – Community Garden Coordinator at email@example.com. We look forward to growing in the community with you. Happy gardening!